The Government of the People’s Republic of China requested ADB capacity development technical assistance (TA) for the financing of public–private partnerships (PPPs). The impact will be an improved operational framework for the government to provide financial support to PPPs. The TA will provide five outputs that will be delivered sequentially which are as follows:
1. Assessment of the international experience with funds providing government financial support to PPPs.
2. Options analysis of funds for providing government financial support to PPPs.
3. Design and operating procedures of a fund for providing government financial support to PPPs.
4. Comparison of a PPP fund with direct budget support to PPPs.
5. Widely accessible publication on PPP funds.
According to ADB documents, the safeguard categorization is not applicable.
Project Officer: An, Bo
East Asia Department
No contact information provided at the time of disclosure.
ACCOUNTABILITY MECHANISM OF ADB
The Accountability Mechanism is an independent complaint mechanism and fact-finding body for people who believe they are likely to be, or have been, adversely affected by an Asian Development Bank-financed project. If you submit a complaint to the Accountability Mechanism, they may investigate to assess whether the Asian Development Bank is following its own policies and procedures for preventing harm to people or the environment. You can learn more about the Accountability Mechanism and how to file a complaint at: http://www.adb.org/site/accountability-mechanism/main