According to the bank website, "The proposed investment involves a corporate A-loan of Robi Axiata Limited. The proceeds of IFC’s proposed debt investment will be used to partially finance the CAPEX program of the company for 2020-2021, including its network upgrades and expansion and spectrum acquisition."
Accoring to the bank website: "The substantial project-level outcome is increased access to quality mobile connectivity. This investment will support market resilience by maintaining access to and quality of mobile connectivity during and after COVID-19."
Robi is 68.7% owned by Axiata Group Berhard (“Axiata” or “the Sponsor”) from Malaysia while the remaining 31.3% is owned by Bharti Airtel of India.
Project contacts not available at the time of disclosure.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
You can submit a request for information disclosure at: https://disclosures.ifc.org/#/inquiries
If you believe that your request for information from IFC has been unreasonably denied, or that this Policy has been interpreted incorrectly, you can submit a complaint at the link above to IFC's Access to Information Policy Advisor, who reports directly to IFC's Executive Vice President.
ACCOUNTABILITY MECHANISM OF IFC/MIGA
The Compliance Advisor Ombudsman (CAO) is the independent complaint mechanism and fact-finding body for people who believe they are likely to be, or have been, adversely affected by an IFC or MIGA- financed project. If you submit a complaint to the CAO, they may assist you in resolving a dispute with the company and/or investigate to assess whether the IFC is following its own policies and procedures for preventing harm to people or the environment. If you want to submit a complaint electronically, you can email the CAO at CAO@worldbankgroup.org You can learn more about the CAO and how to file a complaint at http://www.cao-ombudsman.org