According to ADB website, Project 2 (with additional financing) will support the expansion of the University of the South Pacific (USP) regional campus in Solomon Islands to a new location in Honiara, at the King George VI School grounds, about 4 kilometers east of the existing campus. The scope of Project 2 includes the following:
1. Construction of classrooms, an ICT studio, science laboratories, faculty offices, administrative facilities, and a clean energy component supporting a solar photo-voltaic system
2. Enhancement of ICT-based education
3. Improvement of student support services
4. Strengthening of USP governance and management
5. Strengthening project management capacity of USP staff who will be involved in project implementation.
This project is associated to approved projects (ADB-42291-024 and ADB-42291-025) and to a closed project (ADB-42291-012).
Project Officer: Thonden, Chimi
Pacific Department, ADB
No contact information provided at the time of disclosure.
Ms. Emma Veve
Telephone No.: +63 2 6831630
Email Address: email@example.com
Office Address: 6 ADB Avenue, Mandaluyong City 1550 Metro Manila, Philippines
Executing Agency: The University of South Pacific
Professor Rajesh Chandra, Vice-Chancellor and President
Telephone No.: +679 323 2313
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Address: Laucala Campus, Suva, Fiji
ACCOUNTABILITY MECHANISM OF ADB
The Accountability Mechanism is an independent complaint mechanism and fact-finding body for people who believe they are likely to be, or have been, adversely affected by an Asian Development Bank-financed project. If you submit a complaint to the Accountability Mechanism, they may investigate to assess whether the Asian Development Bank is following its own policies and procedures for preventing harm to people or the environment. You can learn more about the Accountability Mechanism and how to file a complaint at: http://www.adb.org/site/accountability-mechanism/main