Nibulon CL (IFC-39155)

Countries
  • Ukraine
Where the impacts of the investment may be experienced.
Financial Institutions
  • International Finance Corporation (IFC)
International, regional and national development finance institutions. Many of these banks have a public interest mission, such as poverty reduction.
Project Status
Proposed
Bank Risk Rating
B
Risk rating varies among banks and may refer only to the particular investment and not to the risk for the project as a whole. Projects marked 'U' have an 'Unknown' risk rating at the time of disclosure.
Borrower
NIBULON Agricultural Limited Liability Company
The holder of the loan, grant, or other investment.
Sectors
  • Agriculture and Forestry
The service or industry focus of the investment. A project can have several sectors.
Investment Type(s)
Loan
The categories of the bank investment: loan, grant, etc.
Investment Amount (USD)
$ 60.00 million
Value listed on project documents at time of disclosure. If necessary, converted to USD$. Please review updated project documents for more information.
Primary Source

Original disclosure @ IFC website

Updated in EWS Aug 8, 2017

Disclosed by Bank Apr 28, 2017


Contribute Information
Can you contribute information about this project?
Contact the EWS Team

Project Description
TheProject is to support organic growth of agricultural commodity trading and farming activities of Nibulon Ltd ("Nibulon" or the “Company”), a leading local trader and the largest exporter of agricultural commodities in Ukraine, and also one of the top 25 local crop producers with around 83,000 ha of land under cultivation as of January 2017. Nibulon’s principal activities include local sourcing and trading for export of grain and oil-bearing crops, providing grain storage and trans-shipment services for third parties in Ukraine, and agricultural production of grain and oil-bearing crops. Nibulon, headquartered in Mykolayiv, Ukraine, owns and operates a network of inland and riverside grain silos, a sea-port trans-shipment terminal on the Bug River near the Black Sea (with 10.5 meters’ draft), and an open-water transfer system to load Panamax ships to their full draft requirement from barges. Since the first appraisal in 2012 Nibulon has acquired a ship building facility adjacent to its main terminal and is able to manufacture its own grain barges, push/tug boats, and open-water transfer facilities.
Investment Description
  • International Finance Corporation (IFC)
Nibulon’s principal activities include local sourcing and trading for export of grain and oil-bearing crops, providing grain storage and trans-shipment services for third parties in Ukraine, and agricultural production of grain and oil-bearing crops. Nibulon, headquartered in Mykolayiv, Ukraine, owns and operates a network of inland and riverside grain silos, a sea-port trans-shipment terminal on the Bug River near the Black Sea (with 10.5 meters’ draft), and an open-water transfer system to load Panamax ships to their full draft requirement from barges. Since the first appraisal in 2012 Nibulon has acquired a ship building facility adjacent to its main terminal and is able to manufacture its own grain barges, push/tug boats, and open-water transfer facilities. Mr. Oleksiy Vadaturskyy, the founder and the CEO of the Company, owns 80% of the shares. The remaining 20% are owned by his son, Andriy Vadaturskyy, who is currently not involved in the Company’s operations and has transferred voting rights related to his ownership share in the Company to Mr. Oleksiy Vadaturskyy.
Contact Information
ACCOUNTABILITY MECHANISM OF IFC The Compliance Advisor Ombudsman (CAO) is the independent complaint mechanism and fact-finding body for people who believe they are likely to be, or have been, adversely affected by an IFC or MIGA- financed project. If you submit a complaint to the CAO, they may assist you in resolving a dispute with the company and/or investigate to assess whether the IFC is following its own policies and procedures for preventing harm to people or the environment. If you want to submit a complaint electronically, you can email the CAO at CAO@worldbankgroup.org.  You can learn more about the CAO and how to file a complaint at http://www.cao-ombudsman.org/