Original disclosure @ WB website
Updated in EWS Apr 26, 2021
Disclosed by Bank May 14, 2020
Can you contribute information about this project?
Contact the EWS Team
According to the bank document, "the Project Development Objective (PDO) is to improve security and integrated management of Phu Quoc Island’s water resources. This will be achieved through:
(i) increasing water storage capacity and supply coverage;
(ii) improving wastewater management; and
(iii) reducing flood risks.
It is envisaged that the project will support resilient infrastructure for water supply, drainage, flood retention, wastewater and solid/plastic waste collection. The project will support resilient infrastructure for water supply, drainage, flood retention, wastewater and solid waste management, in targeted areas - critical for long-term sustainable development of the Island. Such interventions collectively will support the achievement of the PDOs, to be measured through the following Key Results indicators.
- Increase in water storage capacity (months of storage for projected demand)
- People provided with access to “improved water sources” (number, including female)
- People provided with access to “improved sanitation services” (number, including female)
- Reduced area prone to floods in the area covered by the project interventions (hectares)
- Volume (mass) BOD pollution load removed by the treatment plant supported under the project (tons/year)
- Solid and plastic waste removed from the new and rehabilitated drainage system supported under the project (tons/year)".
International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD- World Bank funding) US$ 110.70 million
Borrower/Recipient - Vietnam Government US$ 77.60 million
1/ World Bank Contact
David Malcolm Lord, Hung Duy Le
Senior Water Supply and Sanitation Specialist
Socialist Republic of Vietnam
3/ Implementing Agencies
Phu Quoc Economic Zone Management Board
Contact: Nguyen Thanh Tung
4/ The World Bank
1818 H Street, NW
Washington, D.C. 20433
Telephone: (202) 473-1000
ACCOUNTABILITY MECHANISM OF WORLD BANK
The World Bank Inspection Panel is the independent complaint mechanism and fact-finding body for people who believe they are likely to be, or have been, adversely affected by a World Bank-financed project. If you submit a complaint to the Inspection Panel, they may investigate to assess whether the World Bank is following its own policies and procedures for preventing harm to people or the environment. You can contact the Inspection Panel or submit a complaint by emailing email@example.com. You can learn more about the Inspection Panel and how to file a complaint at: https://www.inspectionpanel.org.