The project development objective is to improve the quality and efficiency of health services delivery, with a focus on maternal and child health and non-communicable diseases.
Progress towards the achievement of the PDO will be measured by:
1. Health Facility Quality Index scored 0-100: average score for all health facilities14 will be computed with emphasis on process and outcome measures and less on structural measures
2. Percentage of outpatient visits which took place in Primary Health Care (PHC) facilities.15
3. Pregnant women receiving at least 4 ANCs with defined quality standards (1st ANC in 1st Trimester; receiving the seven services;16 indication for high risk pregnancy assessed and marked)
4. Percentage of pregnant women delivering in health facilities providing Emergency Obstetric & Newborn Care (EmONC)
5. Number of people screened for NCDs (hypertension, diabetes, breast cancer, and cervical cancer)
Ministry of Health
ACCOUNTABILITY MECHANISM OF WORLD BANK
The World Bank Inspection Panel is the independent complaint mechanism and fact-finding body for people who believe they are likely to be, or have been, adversely affected by a World Bank-financed project. If you submit a complaint to the Inspection Panel, they may investigate to assess whether the World Bank is following its own policies and procedures for preventing harm to people or the environment. You can contact the Inspection Panel or submit a complaint by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You can learn more about the Inspection Panel and how to file a complaint at: http://ewebapps.worldbank.org/apps/ip/Pages/Home.aspx.