According to the implementing agency, the project will support the implementation of the National Plan of Action on Forests and Climate Change (PANByCC) with activities that contribute to the reduction of emissions derived from deforestation and forest degradation.
The main focus will be on:
- Territorial forest management.
- Forest management with integrated livestock.
- Prevention of forest fires.
- Strengthening of management, control and monitoring capacities at the national and provincial level.
These instruments also aim to reduce vulnerability to climate change, with a particular focus on indigenous peoples and communities, using a cross-cutting and gender-sensitive point of view.
REDD+ results based payment
MAyDS national office:
San Martín 451, Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires C1004AAI Telephone: (54-11) 4348-8200
FAO Representative Office in Guatemala:
7a Avenida 12-90, Zona 13
Interior Ministerio de Agricultura, Ganadería y Alimentación (MAGA)
Ciudad de Guatemala
How to File a Complaint before the FAO's grievance mechanism
Complaints containing allegations that there has been a breach of the Organization’s
environmental and social standards must be made in writing and communicated to
OIG by mail, courier, email or fax, directly or via any FAO office. All complaints
should ideally provide, as a minimum, the following information:
•What happened? Describe the events with as much relevant detail as possible.
•When did it happen? Dates, time, how many times, etc.
•Where did it happen?
•Who do you think was involved? Who was implicated?
•The complainant’s name and contact information;
35. The addresses to file a written complaint are:
• By courier or mail: Inspector General, Food and Agricultural Organization,
Viale delle Terme di Caracalla, 00153 Rome, Italy
• by confidential fax: (+39) 06 570 55550
• by email: Investigationsemail@example.com.