PIDACC/NB aims to contribute to improving the resilience of populations and ecosystems in the Basin through
sustainable management of natural resources by: reducing the silting process of the Niger River; enhancing the
adaptability of populations to climate change; and improving natural resource management and integrated ecosystem
management, the protection of biodiversity and the restoration of soil fertility.
GCF-related outcomes include improvements in:
• management, restoration and protection of natural habitats from climate variability and change;
• generation and use of climate information in decision-making;
• adaptive capacity and reduced exposure to climate risks;
• awareness of climate threats and risk reduction processes; and
• management of land or forest areas contributing to emissions reductions
African Development Bank (AfDB)
Mr. Timothy Afful-Koomson
ACCOUNTABILITY MECHANISM OF GREEN CLIMATE FUND
The Independent Redress Mechanism (IRM) is the independent complaint mechanism for a person or people who have been or believe they are likely to be adversely affected by a project or programme funded by the Green Climate Fund. If you submit a complaint to the IRM, it may seek to address the issues raised by facilitating a problem-solving dialogue or, if that is not possible, conducting an independent investigation into whether the GCF has complied with its environmental and social policies. The IRM is newly created and is still in the process of developing its procedures and website. More information about the IRM and how you can file a complaint is forthcoming. You can contact the IRM at firstname.lastname@example.org.