IFCs role in the project will be to provide technical assistance to CAL Bank Ghana in the following areas:
1. Market research - to segment the market and understand what opportunities for financial services exist and how CAL Bank can respond
2. Business strategy developing the business case for an agent banking model that provides the right incentives for all players in the value chain
3. Technology and tools deploying technology and tools that can support the deployment and management of an agent network
4. Agent network developing the agent network strategy including operational processes and tools to ensure that agents meet the standards set by the bank
5. Risk management IFC will support the bank to develop its risk management strategy to include risks specific to digital financial services and agent banking.
6. Customer acquisition - IFC will develop a comprehensive marketing strategy that combines various elements designed to promote and optimize customer acquisition and activation in line with CAL Banks growth objectives.
The objective of the project is to provide technical advisory services to support CAL Bank Ghana Limited launch its agent banking service in Ghana. This will provide access to improved financial services to existing and new (previously unbanked) customers. The expected results at the end of this 3 year project are:
1. Design and implement the agent banking model.
2. Design and implement at least 2 new mass market products to be delivered on the channel
3. Build an agent network countrywide that will increase the banks coverage and provide services to more customers including rural locations.
4. Develop the banks digital financial services risk management strategy
No project contacts available at the time of disclosure
ACCOUNTABILITY MECHANISM OF IFC
The Compliance Advisor Ombudsman (CAO) is the independent complaint mechanism and fact-finding body for people who believe they are likely to be, or have been, adversely affected by an IFC or MIGA- financed project. If you submit a complaint to the CAO, they may assist you in resolving a dispute with the company and/or investigate to assess whether the IFC is following its own policies and procedures for preventing harm to people or the environment. If you want to submit a complaint electronically, you can email the CAO at CAO@worldbankgroup.org. You can learn more about the CAO and how to file a complaint at http://www.cao-ombudsman.org/