As stated by the EBRD, the project consists of an uncapped unfunded portfolio guarantee in the amount of up to EUR 80 million, to be provided by the EBRD as an InvestEU implementing partner to Zagrebacka banka d.d., as an eligible partner financial intermediary in Croatia under the InvestEU Green Uncapped Portfolio Guarantee Framework. The guarantee will cover a newly generated portfolio of loans financing eligible green projects related to buildings or sustainable transport. The Project benefits from partial first loss risk cover from the European Union under the InvestEU Fund.
The Project aims to further support the Bank's green agenda in Croatia and the green economy priorities, specifically in national building stock renovation and sustainable transport. As such, the Project will bridge the funding gap in sustainable energy investments in Croatia, support the resilience of a systemic bank and expand its green lending capacity.
As stated by the EBRD, Zagrebacka banka d.d. (ZABA) is the largest systematically important bank in Croatia with a market share of c. 26.3% of total assets as of end-2022. ZABA is majority-owned by UniCredit S.p.A., which holds 96.2% ownership share, while the remaining 3.8% is held by minority shareholders. ZABA is listed on the Zagreb Stock Exchange.
Financial Intermediary - Zagrebacka banka d.d.:
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
You can request information by emailing: email@example.com or by using this electronic form: https://www.ebrd.com/eform/information-request
ACCOUNTABILITY MECHANISM OF EBRD
The Project Complaint Mechanism (PCM) is the independent complaint mechanism and fact-finding body for people who have been or are likely to be adversely affected by an European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD)-financed project. If you submit a complaint to the PCM, it may assess compliance with EBRD's own policies and procedures to prevent harm to the environment or communities or it may assist you in resolving the problem that led to the complaint through a dialogue with those implementing the project. Additionally, the PCM has the authority to recommend a project be suspended in the event that harm is imminent.
You can contact the PCM at: firstname.lastname@example.org or you can submit a complaint online using an online form at: http://www.ebrd.com/eform/pcm/complaint_form?language=en
You can learn more about the PCM and how to file a complaint at: http://www.ebrd.com/work-with-us/project-finance/project-complaint-mechanism.html