According to ADB website, the Government of Republic of Union of Myanmar requested ADB for support for the improvement of rural infrastructure, including small and medium-scale irrigation systems, rural roads, and broader development of the rural sector during the preparation of the Country Business Operations Plan for 2014-2016 and the Initial Sector Assessment, Strategy, and Roadmap in agriculture, natural resources and environment sector of Myanmar (April 2013). A project preparatory assistance (PPTA) will help ensure compliance with ADB's requirements and incorporation of international best practices in the project design.
The PPTA will prepare an investment project for irrigated agriculture, including gathering of information and other baseline data, survey and feasibility study of the subprojects, and address the required due diligence:
1. assess the technical feasibility of the project based on the prioritized subprojects;
2. conduct due diligence on the economic and financial feasibility of the project;
3. conduct financial management and procurement capacity assessment and identify training needs;
4. assess the impacts on poverty, social and gender;
5. conduct due diligence and prepare safeguards requirements;
6. prepare project documents, including the draft report and recommendation of the President (RRP) and key linked documents.
Project Officer: Ramachandran, Pavit
Southeast Asia Department
No contact information provided at the time of disclosure
ACCOUNTABILITY MECHANISM OF ADB
The Accountability Mechanism is an independent complaint mechanism and fact-finding body for people who believe they are likely to be, or have been, adversely affected by an Asian Development Bank-financed project. If you submit a complaint to the Accountability Mechanism, they may investigate to assess whether the Asian Development Bank is following its own policies and procedures for preventing harm to people or the environment. You can learn more about the Accountability Mechanism and how to file a complaint at: http://www.adb.org/site/accountability-mechanism/main