According to the Bank's website, the project provides funding to JSC Bank Alliance to finance loans to private-sector small and medium enterprises in the agribusiness sector and rural areas in Ukraine.
The proposed investment of up to US$25 million equivalent in Alliance consists of (i) an A loan of up to US$5 million equivalent for IFC’s own account, (ii) B loan(s) and/or Hedged A Loan Participation (HALP) of up to US$10 million equivalent to be mobilized by IFC from one or more B lenders, and (iii) up to US$10 million trade finance facility through IFC’s Global Trade Finance Program. The loans will be of three-year tenor, denominated in either the U.S. Dollar, Euro or local currency.
The ultimate beneficial owner of Alliance is Mr Oleksandr Sosis, a Ukrainian financier who acquired an 89.3% stake in the Bank in 2015. The remaining 10.7% shares of Alliance are owned by 19 minority shareholders, including 3.99% held by Mr Pavlo Shcherban, the Bank’s chairman of the supervisory board, 1.71% of shares owned by Ms Maryna Hetmantseva, and the balance by 17 shareholders with none holding more than 0.3% stake.
PROJECT CONTACT INFORMATION
Joint Stock Company “Bank Alliance”
Head of the Board
+38 044 224 66 76
50, Sichovykh Striltsiv Str., Kyiv, Ukraine, 04053
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
You can submit a request for information disclosure at: https://disclosures.ifc.org/#/inquiries
If you believe that your request for information from IFC has been unreasonably denied, or that this Policy has been interpreted incorrectly, you can submit a complaint at the link above to IFC's Access to Information Policy Advisor, who reports directly to IFC's Executive Vice President.
ACCOUNTABILITY MECHANISM OF IFC/MIGA
The Compliance Advisor Ombudsman (CAO) is the independent complaint mechanism and fact-finding body for people who believe they are likely to be, or have been, adversely affected by an IFC or MIGA- financed project. If you submit a complaint to the CAO, they may assist you in resolving a dispute with the company and/or investigate to assess whether the IFC is following its own policies and procedures for preventing harm to people or the environment. If you want to submit a complaint electronically, you can email the CAO at CAO@worldbankgroup.org You can learn more about the CAO and how to file a complaint at http://www.cao-ombudsman.org