Original disclosure @ IFC website
Updated in EWS Dec 15, 2020
Disclosed by Bank Nov 12, 2020
Can you contribute information about this project?
Contact the EWS Team
According to the bank document, "the proposed investment is a convertible loan of up to US$70 million equivalent (for 15-20% fully converted equity interest) to PT Adi Sarana Armada (ASSA or Group), a transportation and logistics services provider in Indonesia, to support e-commerce logistics scale-up for the E-logistics division PT Tri Adi Bersama (Anteraja) (the “Project”)".
The IFC investment of up to IDR 450 billion (~US$31.4 million) will provide growth capital for the scale-up of ASSA’s express logistics subsidiary and overall expansion of ASSA’s logistics business.
PT Adi Sarana Armada (ASSA) is a transportation and logistics service provider in Indonesia, listed on the Indonesia Stock Exchange. ASSA provides transportation solutions that include longer-term corporate car rentals and vehicle disposal (through the largest vehicle auction platform in Indonesia), as well as services for fleet management, logistics, and driver management. ASSA is a majority-owned subsidiary of the Triputra Group, a local business conglomerate.
ASSA has multiple legal subsidiaries structured around the particular business licenses required for different aspects of its operations:
1) PT Duta Mitra Solusindo is the company that manages drivers for the car rental services;
2) PT Adi Sarana Logistik (ASL) is the non-active logistics company, with fleet logistic services managed through ASSA;
3) PT Adi Sarana Lelang (AS Lelang) is a non-operational car auction company established to manage the auction business through the joint venture with Japanese investors (Sumitomo and Mitsui) of PT Japanese Bike Auction Indonesia (JBAI);
4) PT Adi Sarana Properti (ASP) is a non-active entity created to manage the property portfolio of the car auction and e-commerce businesses;
5) PT Tri Adi Bersama (TAB) is the entity created to manage the e-commerce division, entitled Anteraja;
6) PT Adi Sarana Investindo (ASI) is a boutique investment company and non-active at the time of this appraisal;
7) ASSA Employee Cooperative is an entity established to support employees with small loans and other support and is non-active at the time of this appraisal.
|Private Actor 1||Private Actor 1 Role||Private Actor 1 Sector||Relation||Private Actor 2||Private Actor 2 Role||Private Actor 2 Sector|
|-||-||-||-||ASSA Employee Cooperative||Subsidiary||-|
|-||-||-||-||PT ADI SARANA ARMADA TBK||Client||-|
|-||-||-||-||PT Adi Sarana Investindo||Subsidiary||-|
|-||-||-||-||PT Adi Sarana Lelang||Subsidiary||-|
|-||-||-||-||PT Adi Sarana Logistik||Subsidiary||-|
|-||-||-||-||PT Adi Sarana Properti||Subsidiary||-|
|-||-||-||-||PT Duta Mitra Solusindo||Subsidiary||-|
|-||-||-||-||PT Tri Adi Bersama||Subsidiary||-|
|-||-||-||-||Triputra Group||Parent Company||-|
The Project Contact
PT Adi Sarana Armada Tbk
Chief Financial Officer
+62 (21) 6530 8811
Graha Kirana Lt. 6Jl. Yos Sudarso No. 88Jakarta Utara 14350, Indonesia
General IFC Inquiries
2121 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington DC 20433
Local Access for Project Documentation
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
You can submit a request for information disclosure at: https://disclosures.ifc.org/#/inquiries
If you believe that your request for information from IFC has been unreasonably denied, or that this Policy has been interpreted incorrectly, you can submit a complaint at the link above to IFC's Access to Information Policy Advisor, who reports directly to IFC's Executive Vice President.
ACCOUNTABILITY MECHANISM OF IFC/MIGA
The Compliance Advisor Ombudsman (CAO) is the independent complaint mechanism and fact-finding body for people who believe they are likely to be, or have been, adversely affected by an IFC or MIGA- financed project. If you submit a complaint to the CAO, they may assist you in resolving a dispute with the company and/or investigate to assess whether the IFC is following its own policies and procedures for preventing harm to people or the environment. If you want to submit a complaint electronically, you can email the CAO at CAO@worldbankgroup.org You can learn more about the CAO and how to file a complaint at http://www.cao-ombudsman.org