Original disclosure @ EIB website
Updated in EWS Apr 6, 2023
Disclosed by Bank Jun 20, 2022
Can you contribute information about this project?
Contact the EWS Team
According to the Bank’s website, the project consists of a loan for financing small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) or mid-caps, mainly located in Spain, and climate change initiatives.
The operation will allow BBVA to finance Climate Action projects as well as SMEs and mid-caps in Spain. On the one hand, approximately 60% of the funds (EUR 300 million) will promote and accelerate private sector investments, and enable improved access to finance to both SMEs and mid-caps. The remainder, (i.e. 40% of the funds or EUR 200 million) will support climate action projects namely in the area of energy efficiency.
No contact information provided at the time of disclosure.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
You can submit an information request for project information at: https://www.eib.org/en/infocentre/registers/request-form/request-form-default.htm
ACCOUNTABILITY MECHANISM OF EIB
The EIB Complaints Mechanism is designed to facilitate and handle complaints against the EIB by individuals, organizations or corporations affected by EIB activities. When exercising the right to lodge a complaint against the EIB, any member of the public has access to a two-tier procedure, one internal - the Complaints Mechanism Office - and one external - the European Ombudsman. A complaint can be lodged via a written communication addressed to the Secretary General of the EIB, via email to the dedicated email address: firstname.lastname@example.org, by completing the online complaint form available at the following address: http://www.eib.org/complaints/form via fax or delivered directly to the EIB Complaints Mechanism Division, any EIB local representation office or any EIB staff. For further details, check: http://www.eib.org/attachments/strategies/complaints_mechanism_policy_en.pdf
When dissatisfied with a complaint to the EIB Complaints Mechanism, citizens can then turn towards the European Ombudsman. A memorandum of Understanding has been signed between the EIB and the European Ombudsman establishes that citizens (even outside of the EU if the Ombudsman finds their complaint justified) can turn towards the Ombudsman on issues related to 'maladministration' by the EIB. Note that before going to the Ombudsman, an attempt must be made to resolve the case by contacting the EIB. In addition, the complaint must be made within two years of the date when the facts on which your complaint is based became known to you. You can write to the Ombudsman in any of the languages of the European Union. Additional details, including filing requirements and complaint forms, are available at: http://www.ombudsman.europa.eu/atyourservice/interactiveguide.faces