According to EIB website, this project involves a loan to finance small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and mid-caps in Spain and other countries. This is an operation under the EU Programme Loan for SMEs and Mid-caps.
At least 70% of the loan amount will be used for SME financing. The rest, up to 30% of the total EIB loan amount, could be used in small and medium-sized investment projects in eligible sectors carried out by mid-cap enterprises (up to 3000 employees). It is expected that about 20% of the funds will be extended in convergence areas in Spain.
In terms of environmental-related aspect, the Bank will require that projects financed under this operation comply with applicable domestic and EU legislation, as appropriate.
No contact information provided at the time of disclosure.
ACCOUNTABILITY MECHANISM OF EIB
The EIB Complaints Mechanism is designed to facilitate and handle complaints against the EIB by individuals, organizations or corporations affected by EIB activities. When exercising the right to lodge a complaint against the EIB, any member of the public has access to a two-tier procedure, one internal - the Complaints Mechanism Office - and one external - the European Ombudsman. A complaint can be lodged via a written communication addressed to the Secretary General of the EIB, via email to the dedicated email address firstname.lastname@example.org, by completing the online complaint form available at the following address: http://www.eib.org/complaints/form, via fax or delivered directly to the EIB Complaints Mechanism Division, any EIB local representation office or any EIB staff. For further details, check: http://www.eib.org/attachments/strategies/complaints_mechanism_policy_en.pdf
When dissatisfied with a complaint to the EIB Complaints Mechanism, citizens can then turn towards the European Ombudsman. A memorandum of Understanding has been signed between the EIB and the European Ombudsman establishes that citizens (even outside of the EU if the Ombudsman finds their complaint justified) can turn towards the Ombudsman on issues related to 'maladministration' by the EIB. Note that before going to the Ombudsman, an attempt must be made to resolve the case by contacting the EIB. In addition, the complaint must be made within two years of the date when the facts on which your complaint is based became known to you. You can write to the Ombudsman in any of the languages of the European Union. Additional details, including filing requirements and complaint forms, are available at: http://www.ombudsman.europa.eu/atyourservice/interactiveguide.faces