According to the AIIB, the objective of the project is to support the mobilization of private capital and reduction of the sovereign debt burden through the refinancing of the existing debt of Xekaman 1 Hydropower Plant, Xekaman Xanxay Hydropower Plant, and Xekaman 3 Hydropower Plant in Lao PDR.
As stated by the IFC, Viet Lao Power Joint Stock Company was incorporated in 2003 as a Vietnamese company with a mandate to develop Built – Operate - Transfer power projects in Lao PDR for the export of electricity to Vietnam.
Viet Lao Power Joint Stock Company owns 100% shareholding in XKM 1 and 85% shareholding in XKM 3. The remaining 15% shareholding in XKM 3 is owned by Electricite du Laos.
|Private Actor 1||Private Actor 1 Role||Private Actor 1 Sector||Relation||Private Actor 2||Private Actor 2 Role||Private Actor 2 Sector|
|-||-||-||-||Viet Lao Power Joint Stock Company||Client||Hydropower|
AIIB Team Leaders:
Jaeho Chung - Senior Investment Officer, Energy
Ji Qi - Investment Operations Specialist
Xekaman 1 Power Company Limited:
Pham Hoang Viet - Chief Executive Officer
Xekaman 3 Power Company Limited:
Hoang Dinh Chinh - Chief Executive Officer
Viet Lao Power Joint Stock Company:
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
You can submit an information request for project information at: https://www.aiib.org/en/contact/information-request/index.html
ACCOUNTABILITY MECHANISM OF AIIB
The AIIB has established the Accountability Mechanism for Project-Affected People (PPM). The PPM provides Òan opportunity for an independent and impartial review of submissions from Project-affected people who believe they have been or are likely to be adversely affected by AIIBÕs failure to implement the ESP in situations when their concerns cannot be addressed satisfactorily through Project level GRMs or AIIB Management processes.Ó Two or more project-affected people can file a complaint. Under the current AIIB policy, when the bank co-finances a project with another development bank, it may apply the other bank's standards. You can refer to the Project Summary Information document to find out which standards apply. You can learn more about the PPM and how to file a complaint at: https://www.aiib.org/en/about-aiib/who-we-are/project-affected-peoples-mechanism/how-we-assist-you/index.html
The complaint submission form can be accessed in Arabic, Bahasa Indonesia, Bengali, Chinese, English, Tagalog, Hindi, Nepali, Russian, Turkish, or Urdu. The submission form can be found at: https://www.aiib.org/en/about-aiib/who-we-are/project-affected-peoples-mechanism/submission/index.html