According to AIIB website, The Project will improve access to urban infrastructure and services in targeted slums in Indonesia. It will support the Government’s (GoI) program of urban slum infrastructure investments for 154 cities in the central and eastern parts of Indonesia. The Project is cofinanced by the World Bank, which is contributing $216.5 million. Further, the project has the following five components:
(1) Institutional and Policy Development;
(2) Integrated Planning Support and Capacity Building for Local Governments and Communities;
(3) Urban Infrastructure and Services in Selected Cities;
(4) Implementation Support and Technical Assistance;
(5) Contingency for Disaster Response. The project executing agency is the Ministry of Public Works and Housing (MPWH). The Project implementation period is from September 2016 to June 2021.
World Bank US$ 216.5 million
Government of Indonesia US$ 1,310 million
ACCOUNTABILITY MECHANISM OF AIIB
In addition, the AIIB has a Project-affected People’s Mechanism. According to AIIB's policies, "people who believe they have been or are likely to be adversely affected by a failure of the Bank to implement the ESP may also submit complaints to the Bank's oversight mechanism in accordance with the policies and procedures to be established by the Bank for such mechanism." However, at the time of writing, the exact scope and function of its Project-affected People’s Mechanism are yet to be finalized.