According to AIIB website, The Project will improve access to urban infrastructure and services in targeted slums in Indonesia. It will support the Government’s (GoI) program of urban slum infrastructure investments for 154 cities in the central and eastern parts of Indonesia. The Project is cofinanced by the World Bank, which is contributing $216.5 million. Further, the project has the following five components:
(1) Institutional and Policy Development;
(2) Integrated Planning Support and Capacity Building for Local Governments and Communities;
(3) Urban Infrastructure and Services in Selected Cities;
(4) Implementation Support and Technical Assistance;
(5) Contingency for Disaster Response. The project executing agency is the Ministry of Public Works and Housing (MPWH). The Project implementation period is from September 2016 to June 2021.
World Bank US$ 216.5 million
Government of Indonesia US$ 1,310 million
ACCOUNTABILITY MECHANISM OF AIIB
The AIIB has established the Accountability Mechanism for Project-Affected People (PPM). The PPM provides “an opportunity for an independent and impartial review of submissions from Project-affected people who believe they have been or are likely to be adversely affected by AIIB’s failure to implement the ESP in situations when their concerns cannot be addressed satisfactorily through Project level GRMs or AIIB Management processes.” Two or more project-affected people can file a complaint. Under the current AIIB policy, when the bank co-finances a project with another development bank, it may apply the other bank's standards. You can refer to the Project Summary Information document to find out which standards apply. You can learn more about the PPM and how to file a complaint at: https://www.aiib.org/en/about-aiib/who-we-are/project-affected-peoples-mechanism/how-we-assist-you/index.html.
The complaint submission form can be accessed in Arabic, Bahasa Indonesia, Bengali, Chinese, English, Tagalog, Hindi, Nepali, Russian, Turkish, or Urdu. The submission form can be found at: https://www.aiib.org/en/about-aiib/who-we-are/project-affected-peoples-mechanism/submission/index.html.